Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween?


Yes, that question mark was intentional.

Philip and I were all excited about our first Halloween with the twins. We bought LOTS of candy. And then ate some and bought some more to replace it. Our plan was to camp out on the porch with the babies and wait for the trick-or-treaters to arrive and partake of our bounty!

You see, our previous residence was a garage apartment in a fancy-shmancy neighborhood. The main house on the property was most unfortunately inhabited by an Emory fraternity. They threw raucous parties involving many cars on the street, many kegs in the yard, and inflatable playground equipment. Last year we camped out on the front lawn, but no parents would let their kids come get our candy. By the end of the night we were throwing it at passersby.

But now we have our own house in a cute little neighborhood with lots of children! Not to mention, we have our own little children, which gives one a certain license to fully indulge in holidays. Add to our adrenaline quotient the cute little Halloween onesies that Mimi sent the babies, and you have some good times, folks!

So, Philip made a pizza, we dressed and bundled the babies, and took our dinner and candy out on the porch. And we waited and waited. But no one came. So we came in. And then we got a couple of trick-or-treaters who seemed very excited if not a little afraid when I invited them to take pounds of candy. And then the clock said it was time to bathe and feed the babies. But before we did, I wanted to get pics of them in their first Halloween attire. Above are said pictures. I guess the babies were just fine sleeping through our holiday.
And then while I was undressing Gabe, he spit up on me. A lot. So I thought, "Well, I'd better get this kid in the tub!" But when I put him in, he looked like he was drowning, so I picked him up and he pooped all over the place. That's some Halloween love for you. I was actually traumatized. I bathed him and then just sat with him in the nursery (the cats were going crazy and Super Nanny was on and it was a particularly stressful episode and Philip was busy feeding Maddy) until we recovered. Of course, that's when all the trick-or-treaters came.
So, yeah. First Halloween, check!

3 comments:

  1. OMG. You are so funny. Do your little goblins know how to party or what???

    Hold onto these stories. I'm telling you, great blackmail resources.

    Thanks for the pics! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are they crying?

    ReplyDelete