Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'm so excited!

For the next few days we will be invaded by Bentleys and Bakers.

Some of Philip's family is coming for Turkey Day- mom and step-dad; oldest brother, wife, and two lovely daughters; and his youngest brother. As I've mentioned before, I love introducing the babies to our loved ones. This morning at 4am I was digging through their drawers for cute outfits to show them off in. And right now Gabe and Maddy are so freaking cute, as they are smiling and talking more and more.

It will be good to see everyone. The babies will meet their cousins! Plus, I love seeing Philip with his brothers. And we could really use the expert help with the Thanksgiving meal, as I can't cook and both of us are low on pizzazz. Hurray!

Look for pictures to be posted soon.

On another note, we tried the mylanta, and my goodness did it cause a stir. Philip was up all night with Gabe's fussing. I woke up to hear his report and got online and found out sometimes mylanta causes diarrhea and upset stomach in babies. Poor Gabey. So, we're just going to tough it out. I have faith that their digestive tracts will mature soon.

Speaking of digestion, we have another twin dilemma. Gabe is wanting more milk. Here's the trouble with that: They eat at the same time. Maddy's taking 3 or 4 oz. per feeding every 4 hours or so. If Gabe starts taking 5 or 6 oz., he may sleep longer between feedings. Right now we're making it work by feeding them at the same time, making 4 oz. for both and giving Gabe Maddy's leftovers! But I want to make sure Maddy's getting enough food.

In the beginning, it was easy to deal with them as a pair, but as time goes by it's becoming more and more necessary to treat them as two little individuals with their own needs that have to be attended to. Of course, this takes much more time and energy. Pray for us!

I've been trying to think of some different posts I can put up. My plan is to have a "bath blog" soon, so you can see them in the tub. Also, I have the cutest video of Maddy and I reading a book to post. ..

Do you have ideas of what you'd like to see/read about in our blog? I'd love to hear them. I don't want you to get bored with us. :)

2 comments:

  1. Boring is not possible for me. Love you all and miss you already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting to hear the babies talk!!! Philip---Gabe really digs you--eh?
    Granny

    ReplyDelete