We took Maddy and Gabe in for their 4 month visit to Dr. Pollack today. As you can see from the pics and vids, they have really grown since their 2 month visit. Here are the stats:
Maddy gained around 4 lbs and went from the 10th percentile to the 25th percentile, weighing in at a whopping 12lbs 4 oz. She grew 2in, and went from less than 5th percentile to 5th percentile (22 3/4in). Her head grew an inch in circumference, and she went from 10th to 25th percentile there (15 3/4in).
Gabe gained 5 lbs and went from the 10th percentile to the 50th, weighing in at 14lbs 4oz! He grew 3in, and went from less than 5th percentile to the 25th percentile11 (24 1/4in)! This boy has been doing some serious growing. His head remains ginormous for his body, growing 2 inches and going from 25th to 75th percentile (17 inches around).
Dr. Pollack was thoroughly impressed with their beauty. And just so you have an accurate image of this event, Maddy was crying the entire time, while Gabe looked around in a docile manner.
We got a prescription for Gabe's reflux and as I type this he has been sleeping fairly soundly for the past 3.5 hours, which is awesome. Other than that, the talk was about Maddy's misshapen head, and how it always turns to the right. Check out all the pics of her and you will see how true this is. Well, Dr. Pollack gave us some "homework" that involves helping Maddy stretch her neck by forcing her to turn it to the left and hold it there for a spell. Philip will be doing these because I am a wimp.
Speaking of which, I didn't cry at the shots! I did, however, repeat my pattern of leaving the room with whatever twin was not getting poked at the time. It works for me.
Well, I miss writing the Monday blog entry. It has been nice being back to work and the land of the grown-ups, but it does feel unnatural for me to be away from the babies. I've noticed I really feel heartsick for them when I pump, which figures. I definitely find myself living for evenings, weekends, and (already) the summer.
Another transition is fast approaching on Feb. 2nd, when Philip returns to work and they start daycare near my job. Start praying for us now, especially Maddy. :)
Wow! Their growth is awesome. I am so proud of you, nursing mama! And I think your policy of leaving the room when the shots are given is excellent. I have to stay and hold Will down--which I hate! For now, he still turns to me for comfort, but I dread the day when he realizes I'm participating!
ReplyDeleteI;m so glad you have a blog! I do too! I'm following you now.
ReplyDeleteYour babies are so dang cute! Lucky you. :)
I figured it out...Gabe and Maddy can come live with us starting Feb. 1. Y'all are welcome to come visit anything you want... :)
ReplyDelete