Sunday, February 15, 2009

Week 20 Words

This was a tough week! Maddy's nose started running on Wednesday, and by Thursday she had a full blown cold, complete with red watery eyes, snotty nose, and a mucous party in her throat. She also had a fever that hovered around 100. She actually lost her voice, so that now she makes this pathetic squeak. Hasn't stopped her from being a chatterbox, though. She just moves her lips all over the place. Only now, nothing comes out!

Philip stayed home with her on Thursday while I took Gabe on to daycare. This was the first time they'd ever been apart! They seemed to handle it okay, though. In fact, I think Gabe enjoyed the extra attention from Ms. E, and Philip and Maddy bonded a bit.

Friday I did something foolish and stayed home with both of them. Of course, by the end of the day (one can only expound so much energy trying to figure out whose burp rag is whose) Gabe had caught it, too, and I found myself calling Philip begging him to come home. In the meanwhile, I circled a stretch of access road for about an hour trying to soothe Maddy and Gabe. Except I kept having to pull over in random business parking lots because Maddy would sneeze and a planet would come out of her nose, and Gabe has this new thing where he loves sticking his hand down this throat and making himself vomit. I had just given him prune juice. Let's leave it at that.

By Saturday's end, Philip and I were starting to feel crummy. So as I'm typing this the babies are sleeping soundly, with an occasional cough. Meanwhile, Philip's lungs are on the bedroom floor. Ah, parenthood…

2 comments:

  1. Aw...I really, really wish I could have been there to help out. You have been in my thoughts and prayers every day... Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. If it's any consolation, Gabe had probably already caught it. If he was sick by the end of Friday, he probably was exposed right after Maddy at the same source. So, Mom, you didn't make Gabe sick with the exchanged burp rags...
    :)

    ReplyDelete