Saturday, September 27, 2008

Return Home

We made it home yesterday. It was crazy. I turned completely into a "baby-on-board" daddy, barking at cars swerving by me like a rabid dog. The funny thing is I was probably the one driving nervously, and they were just trying to get clear of my slow-churning erratic decisions on the road.

Still, we have found the transition into home-oriented systems a whole new challenge. Yesterday was a hoot (putting it politely). Fortunately, Grandma Angie and Grandpa Tom were around to make the transition as smooth as it could be. There were only a couple of minor meltodowns at this Chernobyl plant.

All I know is that I got 8 hours of sleep for the first time last night. Steph, not so much. Still, that is because she is the food source at the moment. She managed to get 4 hours and 2 hours here and there.

Today we have woken to a settled houshold with time for everyone to sleep (and I mean everyone).

Zzzzzz . . .

-Philip

2 comments:

  1. Hey...shape up there. You know you've gotta have those two sleeping through the night by Wednesday...right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see them in person. I watch the posted video 2-3 times a day. Tom says I'm going to mess up the computer, trying to hug the screen so much...;)

    Much love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete