Alright guys,
We are heading to bed. We'll wake up and then head straight into surgery.
The C-section is scheduled for 10am. We will get there by 8:30am.
In case no one has told you, we will be at Emory Crawford Long Hospital in downtown Atlanta.
I managed to have only one anxiety attack tonight. Fortunately, I was able release the pressure by chastizing the jug of crystal light that I spilled on the counter and kitchen floor. I apologized quickly to Steph. She told me she understood.
I saw a quick spark in my vision. Usually these are more prominent when the toxins from built up stress release into my body and cause a crazy migraine. Still, I know how to listen to my body more and more. It was warning me to slow down. I listened. I still have a minor headache. Still, that is the trade-off for avoiding a bigger one brought on senselessly by undue stress.
Steph says the babies are kicking and stretching. She has had damp cloth on her tummy all night (to relieve the itch of stretch marks).
She is ironically a portrait of temperance next to my fidgiting and pacing. This is how it usually goes, right? Hopefully, my silly nervousness helps her laugh and, more importantly, realize what not to do. Hey, I do my part.
Goodnight guys.
The next entry will most likely be a report that the babies are born.
-Philip
Breathe. In. Out. What Steph may experience better than you is that Gabriel and Madeline are already here. You're already a dad. Steph is already a mom. It's already happened. All you're about to do is go get them onto this side of the womb.
ReplyDeleteYou can't mess this up. It's like a tidal wave. You just have to get on and ride...
We love you! Mimi & Pops
thinking 'bout y'all! Good luck and good thoughts!
ReplyDeleteWho is born on 23 Sep? It's the day we traditionally celebrate as the birthday of the tragic Greek poet Euripides, who was born in 480 B.C.
ReplyDeleteHe said, "When good men die their goodness does not perish, / But lives though they are gone. As for the bad, / All that was theirs dies and is buried with them."
It is also the birthday of Gabriel Keats and Madeline Rose Bentley. They said, "Watch out, world...here we come!"
Welcome to parenthood! We love you guys -- all four of you!
ReplyDelete