That's what I told Gabe as we were walking with the nurse to the scale at the pediatrician's office. And it worked! He had gained an ounce a day since his last weigh-in. His sister, who is already quite competitive, gained even more. So, another test passed. Whew! Now we just have 4 more ounces to get him back to his birth weight, and we can go back to feeding them every THREE hours instead of every two. Nice.
Things are going okay in the Bentley house. Philip's mom Cherie has continued to take great care of us in very patient and motherly ways. And the babies love her. BONUS! This week is a week of celebrations, as both Philip and I have our bdays this week as well as our first anniversary. Needless to say, celebrations have been, uh, affected by our new arrivals. Yesterday, for example, Philip and I had reservations for dinner at 8. But at around 6:30, Gabe got choked on some mucous and soon after that the power went out. I tearfully called Philip and told him he'd better cancel our reservations b/c I didn't feel comfortable leaving the house.
Mostly our celebrations this year have consisted of eating various kinds of cake. I don't have a problem with that at all.
Dude...save me some cake. And Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary. And I'll be thinking fat for both babies!
ReplyDelete